Update: I am releasing an updated version of the Widget Context plugin and would like you to test it out. Read more →
In WordPress it requires only two steps:
- Install the Widget Context plugin, and
- specify the visibility settings for each widget.
Possible Widget Visibility Settings
- Display widget only on selected pages or on every page except selected — homepage, single post, single page, attachment or image page, search results, all or individual category, tag, author or date archives.
- Display widget on pages that have less or more than certain number of words.
- Display widget on pages that mach or don’t match specific URL patterns, for example, enter
about/*to show or hide a widget on all child pages of your About page.