I love creating tools, software and electronic devices and sharing everything I’ve learned on the way. All my recent projects are hosted on GitHub. Here is what I’m working on now and here are the tools and services I use daily.
On January 1, 2017 I started a video blog about electronics, personal mobility and my software projects.
I actively maintain and contribute to the following WordPress plugins:
Storage for Contact Form 7 — stores all Contact Form 7 submissions including attachments in your WordPress dashboard. All form entries and leads will be stored safely even if your e-mail goes down or e-mail messages go missing or get deleted. Release blog post.
Block Context — show and hide WordPress blocks based on rules and conditions such as user role, date and time.
Checkout Pilot for WooCommerce enables “checkout later” for customers who are not ready to make the purchase right way.
Gumroad Embed for WordPress automatically converts all links to Gumroad products into active “buy” buttons.
wp_enqueue_styles. Release blog post.
Multiple Editors — allow multiple editors and contributors per post or page. Also enable contributors and authors to upload files and draft new pages by default.
Mobile Redirect — automatically redirect users to the correct version of your site based on their user agent. The only mobile redirect plugin to follow the best practices and suggestions from Google for mobile redirection, including sending proper
Vary header, adding meta
alternate tags, sending 301 HTTP response, etc. Release blog post.
Discontinued WordPress Plugins:
Simple Latest Posts Widget — features a drag-and-drop interface for choosing which elements (title, excerpt, featured image) and in what order to show for a list of latest posts of a specific post type.
Image Filters — creates grayscale thumbnail images of specific size for each uploaded image.
Tabbed Widgets — put any widget into a tabbed interface. Supports accordion and tabbed layout. Release blog post.
Multiple Galleries — allowed to create multiple galleries per post or page using simple checkboxes, before WordPress 3.5. Release blog post.
Tools & Resources
- Maker Feed is a blogroll for electronics enthusiasts, makers and creators.
- Quick PGP is a set of bash scripts for quickly encrypting, signing and verifying content copied to your clipboard.
- Photos Sync is a command line PHP script for creating full and organized backups of the original photos and videos in your OS X Photos library.
- Iepirkumi24.lv is a free email newsletter of public tenders in Latvia where users can subscribe to receive free daily emails of new tenders in a specific industry. Powered by WordPress, of course.
- WProll.com was a WordPress blogroll that features new blogs and people for you to follow in the WordPress community. Read the end of life post.
- Tinystone was hardware design, firmware and management software for Eddystone beacon deployments for the Physical Web.
- Orbiter is a simple and extendable PHP tool for publishing beautiful websites out of plain text Markdown documents.
- HTML5 Notepad App is a predecessor of Rover, built for trying out local storage and offline features introduced with HTML5.
- Metrogram is a sample slideshow application built with AngularJS that creates a slideshow out of Instagram photos with a specific tag.
- Made in Latvia is a copyright-free logo for labeling all things made in Latvia.