Here is a list of sensors that would be useful in a smart home including those built according to the Passive House standards.
- Water level sensors near all water facets used to turn off the water pump for the whole house if a leak is detected.
- Occupancy sensors in all rooms to automatically turn on and off the lights.
- Smoke sensors in all rooms (probably combined with the occupancy sensors).
Ventilation & Climate
- Outside air temperature.
- Outside relative humidity.
- Inside temperature in each room.
- Inside air pressure near the ventilation unit.
- Relative humidity in each room to adjust the air flow speed.
- Incoming air temperature after the heat exchanger to reduce the air flow to increase the efficiency (as long as the air quality in the rooms is good).
- CO2 sensors in each room to keep the ventilation air flow rate to a minimum while maintaining good air quality everywhere. Heat recovery should work much better at lower flow rate.
Leave your suggestions in the comments!